Oswego Christmas Walk, Tree Lighting Schedules Announced
Nov 17, 2015 06:36PM
● By Steven Jack
Join the village of Oswego for its annual Christmas Walk activities the weekend of Dec. 4.
The Village of Oswego invites families to the annual Christmas Walk Celebration, held Friday, Dec. 4 – Sunday, Dec. 6 throughout Oswego.
Friday, Dec. 4
- 5 p.m. Christmas Walk begins on Main Street. Activities include Toyland Train rides, the Sledding Hill (giant slide), ice skating rink, ice carving demonstrations, strolling carolers and characters, holiday music, kids crafts and games, food vendors and shopping opportunities in the downtown businesses along Main Street. Also, make your way to Hudson Crossing Park for ride on the Belgian Draft Horse Hay Ride.
- 5:30 to 8 p.m. Visit Santa at the Garden Faire. Also, stop in at the Little While School Museum for treats and music.
- 7 p.m. The Silent, Illuminated Fire Truck parade will make its way down Main Street. Fire trucks from Oswego and other local fire departments will participate in this annual event.
Saturday, Dec. 5
- 8 to 11 a.m. Don't miss breakfast with Santa at the District 308 Center (old Traughber Junior High). This annual event is sponsored by Rotary Club of Oswego, Fox River Academy of Music and Art, Oswego Senior Center and the Oswego YMCA. Activities include breakfast, games, crafts and pictures with Santa.
- 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. The annual Holiday Cookie Walk will take place in several participating Downtown businesses. Purchase a holiday bucket and then visit all of the participating merchants for a homemade holiday cookie.
For more information on all these events, check out the village of Oswego website.