Skip to main content

Only Oswego

Oswego Firefighters Extinguish Bedroom Fire

Sep 17, 2015 07:16PM ● By Steven Jack

Oswego firefighters quickly extinguished a fire in a home in the 5000 block of Carpenter Avenue Thursday.

According to an Oswego Fire Protection District media release, firefighters were called to the home at about 4:20 p.m. for a report of a fire. When they arrived, firefighters found a small fire in an upstairs bedroom and quickly put it out. 

The home's residents had safely left the home before firefighters arrived. During a secondary search of the home the family's dog also was found unharmed.

Damages were estimated at about $20,000 and were contained to the bedroom. The cause was deemed accidental, and the home is still inhabitable, the OFPD said.