Oswego Leaf Collection Program Begins Next Week
Oct 06, 2014 08:46AM
● By Steven Jack
Flickr Creative Commons
The Village is making changes to improve the leaf collection program this year. The Village will implement a zoned collection system to provide you with a set schedule for collection. We are adding one new vacuum to our fleet to increase our capacity to pick up leaves.
New this year is the collection by zones. Your house is assigned to a zone based upon its location in the Village.
- Zone A - All properties west of the Fox River; Hunt Club Subdivision; and all properties east of Fox Bend Golf Course and south of US 34
- Zone B – All properties south of Wolf Road; all properties south of US 34 east of the Fox River and west of IL 71 (the downtown area); all properties south of IL 71 excluding the Hunt Club subdivision
- Zone C - East of the Fox River and northwest of US 34
To view the Zone Map, please click here.
We will pick up leaves three times this season. Leaf pickup is scheduled for Monday through Friday as follows:
- Zone A – Weeks of October 13 and November 3, and after November 24
- Zone B – Weeks of October 20 and November 10, and after November 24
- Zone C – Weeks of October 27 and November 17, and after November 24
The Village will make one final pass throughout the entire Village between November 24 and December 5.
Place leaves in the parkway (in the grass) near the curb by 7:00 a.m. on Monday of your specified pickup week to guarantee collection during that week. Leaves placed in the parkway after the final collection that week will not be picked up until the next scheduled week of collection.
Please do not mix foreign materials such as brush, garden waste, tree limbs, vines, lumber, etc. with the leaves. These materials can cause equipment failure or injury. The Village will not pick up leaves containing these materials and will notify you of this condition.
Please keep your leaves out of the curb line and street so not to cause hazardous driving conditions or local flooding. Keep in mind that piles must be easily accessible and must contain leaves only. If other debris is in with the leaves the pile will not be picked up. Residents are reminded that leaf burning is prohibited at all times.
Residents may also choose to bag their leaves in yard waste bags. Each bag requires one (1) yard waste sticker and needs to be placed at the curb with garbage and recycling containers by 6:00 a.m. on the normally scheduled garbage collection day. These stickers may be purchased for $1 at:
- Village Hall – 100 Parkers Mill Rd.
- Ace Hardware – 4500 Route 71
- Home Depot – 3080 U.S. 34
- Jewel Foods – 2450 Route 30
- Meijer’s Store – 2700 U.S. 34
- Montgomery Market Place – 11525 Douglas Rd., Montgomery
- Walmart – 2300 U.S. 34
Groot will collect yard waste bags for free on your regular garbage collection day during the week of November 17 through November 21. The final day for collection of yard waste bags is November 29th.
If you have any questions, please call the Public Works office at 630-554-3242.
PROVIDED BY THE VILLAGE OF OSWEGO