Oswego Fall Reuse and Recycling Extravaganza Set for Saturday
Sep 08, 2014 12:03PM
● By Steven Jack
- Clean up and reuse waste latex paint and motor oil
- Recycle scrap metal, building materials, and lawn equipment.
- Exchange used books, DVDs, CDs, puzzles, games and videotapes for free, new-to-you items.
- Reuse luggage, school supplies, clothes and eyeglasses.
- Recycle household and car batteries, as well as electronics and appliances.
- Collect bicycles to repair for kids who can’t afford a bike.
- Respectfully dispose of American flags.
- Shred sensitive documents, and recycle paper and cardboard.
The following items will be accepted at the Extravaganza:
Appliances (SMALL) - irons, toasters, blenders, coffee makers, curling irons, etc.
Batteries (household and car)
Bicycles & bicycle parts, scooters
Books & Puzzles
Bubble wrap, packing peanuts, padded envelopes, air pillows
Brass and Copper
CDs & VHS cassettes, Cameras
Cell Phones, Chargers, and Pagers
Dog Collars/Chains/Leashes, Dog Bones
Electric Motors, Engine Motors, Car Parts, Car Batteries
Electronics: keyboards, monitors, computers, all types of memory sticks, printer cartridges, laptops and laptop accessories, all hard drives, power cables, all networking equipment (hubs, routers, servers, switches, etc.), fax machines, photocopiers, VCRs.
Empty Propane Tanks (no propane camping stove tanks please)
Hearing Aids, Eyeglasses, & Keys
Lawn & Garden, Power & Shop Tools
Medicine/Prescription drugs only - NO controlled substances
Microwave ovens (not older than 5 years)
Scrap Metal, metal lawn furniture, old swing sets, metal siding, pots and pans, screen doors, metal shelving, piping, nuts and bolts, fascia, rims, small kitchen appliances, tin, washer, dryers, stoves, hot water heaters, wagons, metal hangers, etc.
Televisions (first one for free, additional TV’s for a fee)
Tools; hand tools, garden tools, power tools
Useable School Supplies